To submit a request for counsel online click here: Tenant/Landlord Electronic Submission Form

Kansas Landlord Handbook

The Kansas Landlord Handbook provides useful, practical information regarding communication and business relationships between landlords and tenants. Download the entire handbook by clicking the link above or select specific topics below.


KHRC hosts a FREE on-line service where Shawnee County landlords can list their available properties. 

Lead Paint Information - 

Mold Information - and


Bed Bugs Information -

The Kansas Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (KRLTA) governs interactions between landlords and tenants in Kansas. Laws in your state may be different.

The Kansas Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord and Tenant Act applies to landlords who rent lots to tenants who own their own mobile homes. Laws in your state may be different. 

Other Relevant Statutes - There are certain technical guidelines a landlord has to follow in order to evict a tenant. They are called The Forcible Detainer Statutes. The Party Shack Statutes are laws governing landlords and tenants.